As an individual there are many ways to make an impact. Give through our Monthly Sunflower Program, in Memoriam or through Planned Giving.
Make a donation online or send a cheque to the office nearest you.
People across the country are putting their skills and talents to a good cause by hosting or organizing fundraising events in their communities and donating all proceeds to Ovarian Cancer Canada.
Activities such as:
- BBQs, gala dinners, carnivals, theme parties
- Yard sales, bake sales, book sales, craft sales
- Service-for-donation events, such as car washes, lawn care, dog walking, snow shovelling
- Golf tournaments, card tournaments, sporting competitions and other "a-thons"
What do you like to do? What are you good at? What can you do to help overcome ovarian cancer?
Put the "fun" in fundraising, download our Fun in Fundraising brochure or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know what event you would like to organize and are ready to go, please start by reviewing the Community Event Guidelines and send the completed Community Event Proposal Form to email@example.com.
One person can make a difference. Your gift - no matter the size - will help Ovarian Cancer Canada to increase awareness of the signs and symptoms of this serious disease, and to continue to deliver much needed support programs to women living with ovarian cancer and their families.
Small or large, your gift provides sustained support to Ovarian Cancer Canada in achieving its mission to overcome ovarian cancer. There are a variety of ways to give. You can make a single donation, or join our Monthly Giving or Planned Giving programs.
Join our Sunflower Monthly Giving Program and help provide a lasting secured gift to Ovarian Cancer Canada. Become a leader with a regular monthly pledge and help spread awareness, advance important research initiatives, and provide ongoing support to women living with ovarian cancer and their families.
Monthly Giving is a source of predictable revenue, enabling Ovarian Cancer Canada to plan confidently and strategically for a sustainable future.
Monthly Giving is easy. Simply specify a pre-authorized donation from your credit card or bank account each month and at the end of the year, you will have made a lasting contribution. Become a member – it is a safe, secure and significant way to help overcome ovarian cancer. A monthly gift of $10, $20 or $100 will make a significant difference.
An 'In Memoriam' donation is a thoughtful tribute to the memory of a beloved family member or friend by giving a gift in their name. This is a distinctive way to commemorate the memory of a loved one by supporting an organization that is dedicated to overcoming ovarian cancer.
Your 'In Honour' donation is a meaningful way to salute a significant person in your life. Your gift could recognize a birthday, anniversary or a special friendship. The person you are honouring will receive a personalized card from Ovarian Cancer Canada recognizing your gift in their honour.
By popular demand, Ovarian Cancer Canada created a Special Occasion Donation Program to provide brides and grooms the opportunity to donate in honour of their guests (often in lieu of purchasing guest favours). We will provide you with a special note card recognizing your gift in their honour. It is a memorable and emotional gesture to underline a very special day.
Celebrate the life of someone close to you, donate in their name.
The Sunflower Heritage Society is a planned giving program that is becoming an increasingly popular means to leave a lasting legacy. By making a planned gift to Ovarian Cancer Canada, you will be providing a significant source of funds while helping to ensure a sustainable future for groundbreaking programs, important scientific research, and support for women living with this disease.
Planned gifts may be deferred or provide immediate funding. Either way, you will be making an important contribution by helping to provide sustainability for Canada’s only national organization dedicated to overcoming ovarian cancer.
There are many ways to make your planned gift:
- Bequests – include Ovarian Cancer Canada in your Will. We would like to acknowledge your kind gesture, so please let us know if you have included Ovarian Cancer Canada in your Will.
- Charitable Gift Annuities - donate a capital sum to Ovarian Cancer Canada in return for regular payments at a specified rate for life.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts - set aside a gift of money or property to Ovarian Cancer Canada while receiving tax advantages and income from the trust.
- Endowment gifts - bestow a legacy gift to Ovarian Cancer Canada in honour or in memory of a loved one or in your name.
- Gift of Life Insurance - an easy and affordable way to give a significant gift to Ovarian Cancer Canada and claim immediate or ongoing tax deductions.
- Gifts of Publicly Traded Securities - donate stocks, bonds or mutual funds to Ovarian Cancer Canada and enjoy significant tax advantages.
Planned giving is an integral part of your financial and estate planning. Your financial or legal advisor will assist you in creating a planned gift that best suits your needs.
Plan for the future cure by pledging your gift to Ovarian Cancer Canada, please contact Elisabeth Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org, or download our Planned Giving brochure for more information.